Crf DNA Energy Skin

Post about creating and skinning models here
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

Crf DNA Energy Skin

Post by Brina927 »

Custom DNA Energy Bike:
Well, I worked more hard and longer on this skin than I have on any of my skins combined.It is my first public bike skin.This was also my first attempt at doing a little shading.Please tell me what you think. :)
Thanks to:
KTM57 for template
Hvpunk for motor
DJ for some shading and pipe
Bona for some shading and tips

DOWNLOAD HERE

Black:
White:
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
Mikey

Re: Crf DNA Energy Skin

Post by Mikey »

Great job brina looks bad ass!!!
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
v3Nx
Team: Creme Egg

Post by v3Nx »

Wow, You really kicked it up a notch here. Only thing i can say is make the shroud shading more noticeable because you made a white bike and i am guessing there was white shading. Try making the shading a different kind of white (Lighter or darker) or make your white shroud different to the shading.
Voutare wrote:That would have been funny if I got it the first time, but I had to read it a couple times over. :(
Bona.com

Post by Bona.com »

v3Nx wrote:Wow, You really kicked it up a notch here. Only thing i can say is make the shroud shading more noticeable because you made a white bike and i am guessing there was white shading. Try making the shading a different kind of white (Lighter or darker) or make your white shroud different to the shading.
I did the shading but im didnt make the black ones, but your rigth.
BUT BRINA THAT SKINS SICK :D
"Ride hard and die, Thats just life"
"I like Dirt and Bikes, does that make me mentaly sick?"
ShackAttack12 wrote: Have fun creating things because you enjoy doing it and want to contribute to the community.
22sheza
Team: Privateer

Post by 22sheza »

tht skin is sick brina im going to try to start skinning soon but wont be near as good as tht
Judge
Crushed Dissenter
Team: FSK

Post by Judge »

Looking awesome brina, really good job there :D
cpt_Slow

Post by cpt_Slow »

I think the frame could do with some stronger shading, looks a little flat/ plasticy (word?) at the minute. It also needs some of the bolts on it, ie. Where the sub frame bolts on and the engine/swing arm bolt. The seat looks a little odd on the white one to me too, maybe the line should have swept up at the end instead of traveling straight across but I suppose that's subjective.
Looking at the white one again, looks like the blue on the lower half of the shroud could do with placing a little better, you see the white border is large in one place and none existent in another. I know shroud graphics can sometimes go askew in real life but I'm not sure I want it in MX sim too. :wink:
The rest of the bike looks pretty good to me, from the screenshots. Keep it up.
Brina927

Post by Brina927 »

cpt_Slow wrote:I think the frame could do with some stronger shading, looks a little flat/ plasticy (word?) at the minute. It also needs some of the bolts on it, ie. Where the sub frame bolts on and the engine/swing arm bolt. The seat looks a little odd on the white one to me too, maybe the line should have swept up at the end instead of traveling straight across but I suppose that's subjective.
Looking at the white one again, looks like the blue on the lower half of the shroud could do with placing a little better, you see the white border is large in one place and none existent in another. I know shroud graphics can sometimes go askew in real life but I'm not sure I want it in MX sim too. :wink:
The rest of the bike looks pretty good to me, from the screenshots. Keep it up.
You kept picking on the white bike so it seems like the angle of the picture of the white bike is throwing you off.The white is pretty much(graphics metals seat etc.) identical to the black one exept for, it's white.So I don't know about some of that stuff you said.Anyways, as for the frame?I spent 40% of my time trying to do more shading or anything to get it to pop out more but everything I did kept coming out flat the way it did.It was annoying.If you looked at the frame on the template and then the frame on the bike they look nothing alike. :x
My Stats
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
brent26
Team: OverTheEdge

Post by brent26 »

great bike brina. looks sick 8)
honda150rider

Post by honda150rider »

Brina927 wrote:Custom DNA Energy Bike:
Well, I worked more hard and longer on this skin than I have on any of my skins combined.It is my first public bike skin.This was also my first attempt at doing a little shading.Please tell me what you think. :)
Thanks to:
KTM57 for template
Hvpunk for motor
DJ for some shading and pipe
Bona for some shading and tips

DOWNLOAD HERE

Black:
White:
frame looks a little wide and is it not supposed to have a chain?
Brina927

Post by Brina927 »

honda150rider wrote:frame looks a little wide and is it not supposed to have a chain?
Uh...obviously you don't know much about skinning blah or the bikes apparently.The frame is normal,and even if you think it isn't there's nothing I can do to change that because it's the model.And also there is no chain,never was,again can't change that either.
My Stats
honda150rider

Post by honda150rider »

Brina927 wrote:
honda150rider wrote:frame looks a little wide and is it not supposed to have a chain?
Uh...obviously you don't know much about skinning blah or the bikes apparently.The frame is normal,and even if you think it isn't there's nothing I can do to change that because it's the model.And also there is no chain,never was,again can't change that either.
lol obviously i dont must just be angle of the bike or sumtin makin frame look to big and if i can see the teeth of the sprocket then someone should def make a model with a chain sorry my head isnt always on straight at 2am i just pointed out wut i saw
cpt_Slow

Post by cpt_Slow »

Brina927 wrote:You kept picking on the white bike so it seems like the angle of the picture of the white bike is throwing you off.The white is pretty much(graphics metals seat etc.) identical to the black one exept for, it's white.So I don't know about some of that stuff you said.Anyways, as for the frame?I spent 40% of my time trying to do more shading or anything to get it to pop out more but everything I did kept coming out flat the way it did.It was annoying.If you looked at the frame on the template and then the frame on the bike they look nothing alike. :x
I think it may be the angle making it look worse, but it may also be the angle of the black bike hides the parts I mentioned. So please take all of my comments for both bikes, as they are just less noticeable on the black one. I understand the difficulty of getting depth into the frame, but I'm afraid I still stand by what I said, sorry. In my opinion the frame lets it down a little bit. Not having anything to show for myself, I don't feel truly qualified to comment on how to make it better so I'll keep those thoughts to myself. I take my hat off for your effort though. I'm not trying to put you down, just giving my thoughts on a pretty decent skin (I don't do it often because I would hate people to take things the wrong way, but nobody seemed to be mentioning the points I was thinking.) These are just my opinions.......take them or leave them. :wink:
danny

Post by danny »

i think its sick.

p.s: a bit more metal work. :lol:

Team: xFire mayneeeeeeeee
xFire: rocketmandan946
XBL: fp cycloNe
Jwynn131

Post by Jwynn131 »