Upcoming Models #2

Post about creating and skinning models here
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Re: Upcoming Models #2

Post by Mona »

You can see (hardly on my edited one) that the top of the arch structure only goes up to the top of the second deck of that stadium. In the render, it goes up all the way to the top of the third deck. Now this may not matter, but you might run into a problem later on if you are using that to make the x games course (the arches will be higher than real, meaning more slope up to that part of the stadium on the track).

I love how smooth it looks in the render.
Wilson
Team: Privateer

Post by Wilson »

OK thanks man Ill change it up when I get a chance.
22sheza

Post by 22sheza »

WILSONATV wrote:http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn15 ... iew-28.png
LA Coliseum for x games 2010.
yeh thats nice man :D
mxbiker
Team: FSK

Post by mxbiker »

made my own pro circuit r304 pipe, just for practising my model and skinning skills.

the wireframe, shows alot more then the render :P

huge thnx goes to judan for teaching me how to do metal textures, altough im still bad at it.
Proud MXS member since 2008
Still a MXS 125CC rider!
2011 SMA nationals championships leader
5th at the GP replica series 2011
3th overall with team Holland at the MXSON 2010
Mona

Post by Mona »

One thing that you could do, take out that little piece that jolts out on the end cap, and use the same amount of polys to model the inside of the silencer. The piece that, as i say, "jolts" out of the end cap, could probably be normal mapped.

How do you like using Wings? I use it too, and i think it's pretty easy. I made this Yoshimura pipe, and skinned it a couple weeks ago:
You can kind of see how i extruded the hole on the end cap in, making the inside of the silencer. It's not noticable on the skinned one, because everything is such a dark color, but it can be changed.
jasper125

Post by jasper125 »

looks sick :D
mxbiker

Post by mxbiker »

TimFerry15 wrote:One thing that you could do, take out that little piece that jolts out on the end cap, and use the same amount of polys to model the inside of the silencer. The piece that, as i say, "jolts" out of the end cap, could probably be normal mapped.

How do you like using Wings? I use it too, and i think it's pretty easy. I made this Yoshimura pipe, and skinned it a couple weeks ago:

You can kind of see how i extruded the hole on the end cap in, making the inside of the silencer. It's not noticable on the skinned one, because everything is such a dark color, but it can be changed.
well, i modeled the inside of the pipe, i got the same problem as you that the color is to dark to notice it

i like wings alot because i can use my mouse to model, and its easy. i didnt know someone as good as you still used wings.
and you should deffenitally teach me how to make a metal texture like yours has.
Still a MXS 125CC rider!
Mona

Post by Mona »

mxbiker wrote:well, i modeled the inside of the pipe, i got the same problem as you that the color is to dark to notice it.
Haha, i had a feeling about that.
mxbiker wrote:and you should deffenitally teach me how to make a metal texture like yours has.
Just make sure you add noise, at a very low opacity (10%-15%). And also an overlay/texture. I see you have a texture on your skin, but add another one that's more like this:
http://fc64.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/ ... _stock.jpg
I would scale that down a lot though, so that you can hardly see the little scratches, and you can see the cloudy-ness of the texture. Add something like that, make is subtle, and you'll be looking at nice looking skin.
mxbiker

Post by mxbiker »

well i was thinking about making it like that, but the only way i can make a somewhat scratchy look is by adding noise and then use gaussian blur.
are there some tutorials about making that kind of scratches, the only one i can find is using the technique im using right now.
im really being a noob right now, but ohh well.
Still a MXS 125CC rider!
Mona

Post by Mona »

mxbiker wrote: are there some tutorials about making that kind of scratches
I dno't know of any, but you can probably search for some. For metals, i just put as much as i can into it (textures, details), so there are no smooth spots, or flat colors. I haven't looked at any tutorial for it, i just try to make it look good however i can. I don't really know how to explain it any better. Maybe a better skinner will be able to tell you.
stevoktm

Post by stevoktm »

to make scratches use these brushes by racer445. http://racer445.com/media/tutorials/scr ... rthing.abr

Also when using the brushes make sure to only put scratches on the parts that would be vulnerable to being scratched and gaining wear and tear. Dont over use them and put them in unlikely places.

Also check out fpsbanana's skinning tutorial section for good metal making tutorials.
WhMx179

Post by WhMx179 »

mxbiker wrote:made my own pro circuit r304 pipe, just for practising my model and skinning skills.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7613/procircuit13.png

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6585/procircuit23.png

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9937 ... cuit33.png

the wireframe, shows alot more then the render :P
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9251 ... itr304.png

huge thnx goes to judan for teaching me how to do metal textures, altough im still bad at it.

dude! i have that same pipe on my 250! siiick!
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

done them in 40 minutes.
might be doing some supermoto tracks soon :)
if i got them into the game goddamn! xD

ps:
if i apply a meshsmooth modifier to the main fence i can bake a normal from there true?
how if it´s too much to ask for? :)
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

goddamn, im so noob at this of unwrapping, placed the textures at the wrong side, this is better :oops:
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
Jonathan
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VWK

Post by Jonathan »

That looks pretty good man!
Buttscratcher?