Upcoming Models #2

Post about creating and skinning models here
vortexracingleader
Team: MotoRAD

Re: Upcoming Models #2

Post by vortexracingleader »

Sandhapper wrote:Do not look at how the wheels are connected to the swingarm and frontend. That will be changed.
Worked some more on my bike. Unwraps are almost done so I can start baking soon. Criticism is welcome.

Thanks Attacker for the scene setup and the wheels.
Looks Amazing Man
stevoktm

Post by stevoktm »

vortexracingleader wrote:
stevoktm wrote:
vortexracingleader wrote:These have a test Norm on it, I left the box on the front end when i did the jms :oops:
The front fender looks decent but the shrouds look a bit messy?
Messy, Can you explain more lol The norms are not consitant ? Lol Sorry im stupid i need explanations on everything xD
I'm not sure what it is, the shading just looks off, might just be the reflection though. It would be better if it was rendered in a 3d program with a grey material applied.
vortexracingleader

Yea Can See all the normal map problems, I think i inverted the wrong channel, I bake the norms in blender and i Inverted the red and the blue, is that what i am suppose to do? Can Also see Some AO map problems also
vortexracingleader

vortexracingleader wrote:Yea Can See all the normal map problems, I think i inverted the wrong channel, I bake the norms in blender and i Inverted the red and the blue, is that what i am suppose to do? Can Also see Some AO map problems also
Sorry For DP its Red and Green
DM 119

Post by DM 119 »

vortexracingleader wrote:Yea Can See all the normal map problems, I think i inverted the wrong channel, I bake the norms in blender and i Inverted the red and the blue, is that what i am suppose to do? Can Also see Some AO map problems also
looking solid Damien :mrgreen:
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Really like it Sandy but the frame and front fender look really sharp. Not sure how that will play in the end with maps so someone with experience can correct me but Luiz's KX front end was sharp and anything on the edge immediately was ruined. Could have been a mistake in the UV or something so once again, correct me otherwise.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Sandhapper

Post by Sandhapper »

Pumaxcs wrote:Really like it Sandy but the frame and front fender look really sharp. Not sure how that will play in the end with maps so someone with experience can correct me but Luiz's KX front end was sharp and anything on the edge immediately was ruined. Could have been a mistake in the UV or something so once again, correct me otherwise.
Thanks for your critism. I looked at the frame once again and I think that I know what you mean. I'll work a bit more on it. I'm not exactly sure what you mean at the front end though.
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

The V shapes on the front fender have hard, squarish, edges like the frame. If something is skinned on that edge it will look distorted.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
stevoktm

Post by stevoktm »

It looks to me like you have some problems with the smoothing groups on your low poly when you baked it. It also looks like you haven't created any supporting edges on your high poly so that the edges on both models line up. Cant really explain how to fix this, i would just suggest searching for a tutorial on how to bake normals using supporting edges. got a good link here on how to bake maps and how they work. http://wiki.polycount.com/NormalMap/#Normal_Map
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

Sandhapper wrote:
Pumaxcs wrote:Really like it Sandy but the frame and front fender look really sharp. Not sure how that will play in the end with maps so someone with experience can correct me but Luiz's KX front end was sharp and anything on the edge immediately was ruined. Could have been a mistake in the UV or something so once again, correct me otherwise.
Thanks for your critism. I looked at the frame once again and I think that I know what you mean. I'll work a bit more on it. I'm not exactly sure what you mean at the front end though.
That's because Luiz edge splitted almost the whole model, must have been by accident tho. If you bake plastics you ll probably never get an edge to look as sharp as if it was edge splitted, so i dont think that will be an issue here.
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

stevoktm wrote:Do you have a screenshot of your bike? or is it the one above? To me that doesn't look like it has any normal maps applied, or if it does it looks like they were baked with the shading groups messed up on the low poly.
Not my bike and the norms are really basic to shape and smooth things out no added detail. Not sure if the maps were being used or not.
Hi
LuizH

Post by LuizH »

Andy_Hack wrote:
Sandhapper wrote:
That's because Luiz edge splitted almost the whole model, must have been by accident tho. If you bake plastics you ll probably never get an edge to look as sharp as if it was edge splitted, so i dont think that will be an issue here.
Just to clarify, when I made that model there were no options for normal maps or those next gen stuff at all. So edge splitting was the solution to detail the model. In other words, that wasn't made to work with mormal maps, actually that was never finished :lol: :lol:
FORMER SUPERCROSS LEGEND
760Liam

Post by 760Liam »

oakley airbrakes, got bored... still needs a lot of tweaking.
Tom cortvriendt

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

Hero
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
---RiLeY---151---
Team: Factory Privateer

Post by ---RiLeY---151--- »

Tom cortvriendt wrote:Hero