Shoei Templates by Phathry25

Post about creating and skinning models here
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Shoei Templates by Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Hey gang, I decided to make a set of templates for the Shoei so people that want to run a shoei don't have to use ripped parts. My work isn't near as high of quality at Gio's, but it's better than the alternative. :) Enjoy!

I've included a base diffuse map, base spec map, and base normal map, in both PSD and PNG format. Feel free to modify any of these to suit your tastes, I won't come after you... When I created the normal map I used a height scale of 12, and I think thats the only setting I changed.

Now get to work updating those "ripped" shoeis! :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?5zorl6yz37c36ad
DJ99X

Re: Shoei Templates by Phathry25

Post by DJ99X »

Also, use these jm files so nothing conflicts with Giopandas work

http://www.mediafire.com/?mjmmztjqvzk - matte

http://www.mediafire.com/?rqeznng1wmz - shiny

You will have to give them a new name.
giopanda
Team: Privateer

Post by giopanda »

the easiest thing would have been sending me the skin to be applied to my template..no need to start it over just to avoid ripping..
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

I didn't even make a skin Gio. I thought after all your rampages and pulling downloads, and saying we aren't allowed to use stuff that sending you a skin to be applied to your template would be 100% out of the question. Either way, there's not an alternative offered, one less reason for people to rip from you. :)
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Sorry I can't type lately. Gunna try that post again. :)

I didn't even make a skin Gio. I thought after all your rampages and pulling downloads, and saying we aren't allowed to use stuff, that sending you a skin to be applied to your template would be 100% out of the question. Either way, there is now an alternative offered, one less reason for people to rip from you. :mrgreen:
giopanda

Post by giopanda »

i wasn't talking to you directly, i was just explaining the logical (to me) alternative to ripping: sending skins to me..
if i remember correctly i said when released that i was "collecting" skins, like i did with the ktm, like i just did with the crf and like i'm doing with the shoei because someone just asked to put his skin on my template and i said why not?
i'm not saying your work is useless, absolutely, just stating that there are a lot of things to do before ripping, and what you did is one, but not the first that comes to my mind.
Wings
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Wings »

So if im right, i can make a skin for the shoei, and you will put it under the temp?
giopanda

Post by giopanda »

Wings wrote:So if im right, i can make a skin for the shoei, and you will put it under the temp?
if you're talking to me the answer is yes, if it's worth it why not?
Kawisaki#209

Post by Kawisaki#209 »

Correct me if im wrong but, i think what Phathry25 did was absolutely correct! He figured he would get in trouble for "ripping" so he went ahead and made his own. That is fantastic... ! Excellent work Phathry25! I love it.
Mouritsen #333
giopanda

Post by giopanda »

i never said he did something wrong, i just said that a public template wasn't needed, before ripping i think it's more logical to ask the creator if it's possible to make skins to be added to the template.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

giopanda wrote:i never said he did something wrong, i just said that a public template wasn't needed, before ripping i think it's more logical to ask the creator if it's possible to make skins to be added to the template.
I think its more logical to release the template with the helmet. That way, any meat head who wants to make a skin can. Honestly, I don't care if its a quality skin, everyone has to start somewhere and if theres no available templates they have three options, ripping, kissing your ass, or making their own template.

Lets take Joe Blow, a new player who wants a custom helmet. Joe downloads the Shoei helmet and thinks its dope and decides to try to make himself a skin. After 10 seconds of searching for a template he gives up and makes a topic asking if there is a template available for the Shoei. He gets 10 replies, none of which are helpful, and 8 of 10 are downright just plain insults. Would you quit yet? Joe has a strong will and finally finds the wireframe. He goes about trying to make sense of what he sees there, nothing is labeled, and there is no available reference work. Would you quit yet? Joe once again persists and ends up with an absolutely terrible looking skin, he doesn't know how to make fabric patterns, and has no normal or spec map, god forbid he names it incorrectly and ends up posting a screenshot with your normal/spec map in it. (this part is for gio's wild imagination) After a few days on the forum he finally is able to discover that you are the one who made the template for the shoei, and dispatches you a pm asking if you would be willing to put his skin under your template. You take one look at his terrible skinning and ignore his message, "freakin' noobs!" After waiting 6 hours for you to reply Joe gives up on you helping him out. Later on that night he is playing in a server and meets another player who can send him a set of PNG's for the Shoei. Well hell yea, Joe finally gets a break and can finally get a look at what is what on the helmet. Still none of the parts are labeled, so other than the obvious why bother changing them. At long last Joe finally gets his still somewhat shitty looking custom helmet, but Joe is pleased with it. Do you think he cares that he borrowed some parts that he is unable to create? No. He's just pumped that he was able to make himself exactly the helmet he wanted. He knows that his work is not anywhere near the quality of whats available out there, but thats not the important part to him, he's just proud of himself that he was able to make the skin himself. (when I say skin I mean the painted parts of the helmet, not all the details, cuz he ripped those)

So how does having no available template benefit you gio? It only causes you, and the entire community trouble. If there were a template available Joe would have found it, made his own skin and nobody would get pissed off. If he posted pictures of it in the upcoming skin topic nobody would have a panic attack and some would even offer suggestions for improvement. Don't believe me, look at all the helpfulness going around with YZF skins recently, and look at how people react when a skin is posted that has ripped metals. Just release the damn templates already and quit with the elitist shit. None of the noobs are getting any better at creating skins by being chased away from the game.

Lastly gio, how can you have the first relevant post in my topic and not be addressing me? Just quit with the whining already. You troll here all day long looking for screenshots of ripped helmets. I offer an alternative to that and yet you show up and now suddenly offer to to put peoples skins under your template. Did it ever cross your narrow mind that people never bothered to ask for you to do that because you have a shitty and uncooperative attitude to everyone not in your clique? :roll:

Honestly, I'm super pumped right now that I spent 3 hours making this template so gio could come into my topic and offer to everyone to put their skins under his template. My work is no where near even 1/2 as good as his, and yet he feel threatened. Funny shit...
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Phathry25, putting power in the hands of the player since 1979.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Excellent work Phathry25!
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
MX196

Post by MX196 »

Nice work.

Garasaki- why is there a date in ur sig?
Kawisaki#209

Post by Kawisaki#209 »

Gio... all i can say is respect... ! I totally understand. So yeah... uhm pm me... i want to talk to you about some stuff.
Mouritsen #333